Sunday, June 7, 2015

Today was a joyful day for me and my family. My family, friends from many circles of life, my congregation and other guests joined together to worship God and to celebrate with my the 25th anniversary of my ordination. It is actually this coming Wednesday, but we celebrated today. Pastor Bill Diehm shared the gospel in such a way that we were both encouraged and challenged to examine our own lives and discipleship as we ask the question together, "What is God doing here?"  Thank you Bill and Sue for your friendship and for being with us today.
Now we relax - tomorrow I begin sabbatical, which begins with a one-week family vacation to an all-inclusive resort called Ocean Coral and Turquesa in Mexico, just south of Cancun. Here is the website:  http://www.oceanturquesacoral.com/

We will be up bright and early to drive to Cleveland, catch a plane and get to our desitnation. Please keep my family and I in your prayers that we may find a time and place to relax and recharge during this first week of my sabbatical.

No comments:

Post a Comment